Values and strategy
We ensure financial stability and confidence in the financial markets and enhance protection for customers, investors and the insured.
Supervisory quality and efficiency among the best in Europe.
We are pro-active in perceiving changes in our operating environment and supervised entities and continuously develop our activities accordingly. We follow developments in real time and are actively involved in progress at the international level.
Our activities are consistent, constructive and of the highest quality. We are aware of the consequenses of our actions. We communicate openly, bearing in mind our responsibilities.
We concentrate on essentials. We take responsibility for our own and the whole organisation's results. We are vigilant and take swift action when needed.
We are a supportive working community. We learn constantly and support others in their own professional development. We create a positive team spirit. We work in good cooperation with all our stakeholders.
Strategy of the Financial Supervisory Authority (FIN-FSA) 2017–2019
1. Supervision responsive to changes in operating environment
- We forestall risks threatening financial stability and confidence in the financial markets by proportionate action.
- We define the depth of supervision on the basis of the level of risk associated with the supervised entity and the significance of the issue at hand.
- We focus on inspections and thematic reviews in our work.
- We adjust our operations to reflect changes on the banking, insurance and financial markets.
- We emphasise areas critical to the Finnish financial markets in our European regulatory and supervisory work.
- We intensify cooperation with Nordic supervisors to promote financial stability and confidence in the Finnish financial markets.
- We foster an innovation-friendly climate in the financial sector.
2. High quality and efficiency
- We promote the establishment of harmonised risk-based
supervisory practices within the EU.
- We make extensive use of guidance issued by EU authorities,
and ECB supervisory practices.
- We harness the full potential of digitalisation.
- We apply standardised and efficient processes.
- We have in place up-to-date reporting and analysis systems.
3. Expertise and high esteem
- Our staff has strong competence that supports our objectives.
- We enable continuous on-the-job learning.
- Our management culture is supportive and focuses on change
- We are well versed in financial sector digitalisation.
- We are a highly valued employer of financial sector professionals.
- We engage in proactive communication.