The Financial Supervisory Authority opens an Innovation HelpDesk
The FIN-FSA today opens a new Innovation HelpDesk for FinTech entities and other innovators in the sector – both old and new.
- to increase dialogue between the FIN-FSA and FinTech entities
- to create a positive atmosphere that supports the development of the sector
- to make the supervisory authority more easily approachable
- to increase entities' awareness of financial sector regulation and related interpretations
- to enhance the development of innovations and facilitate the subsequent authorisation or registration application processes
Preconditions: the HelpDesk
- does not replace the work of innovators themselves – you must still do your homework
- is not a replacement for consultants (e.g. lawyers)
- is not a promise of positive supervisory decisions in the future
‘The purpose of the HelpDesk is to provide general guidance on the regulation related to innovation, as well as on supervisory issues, and to advise entities to provide necessary additional information, e.g. prior to a possible official authorisation or registration application process,’ says Jarmo Parkkonen, Head of Department.
The Innovation HelpDesk provides guidance in the form of replies to e-mail enquiries, advisory calls with an expert (max. 30 mins) and advisory meetings with several experts (max. 1 hr). The first advisory meetings will be held in connection with the Slush event on 1 December 2016.
For further information, please contact:
Jarmo Parkkonen, Head of Department
Requests for interviews:
FIN-FSA Communications, tel. +358 50 385 5154