Automatic feedback on validation errors implemented in the FIN-FSA’s production environment
Automatic feedback messages on validation errors (e.g. errors referring to EBA Validation Rules) have been implemented in the FIN-FSA’s production environment. The feature is related to the project on the automatization of data quality checks at the FIN-FSA. For further information: FIN-FSA webinar.
The status of each report is determined by the severity of the errors in the report as follows:
1. Rejected, report contains critical technical errors
- Report cannot be received due to the critical technical errors. The report must be amended and resubmitted.
- E.g. checks related to the European Filing Rules
2. Rejected, report contains blocking errors
- Report cannot be accepted as it contains at least one blocking error. The report can be accepted only if the reporting entity resubmits the amended report or provides an explanation why it is not possible to report according to the failing validations.
- E.g. EBA Validation Rules with severity ‘blocking’
3. Received, report contains errors
- Report is accepted but it contains at least one error. The reporting entity should resubmit the amended report or provide an explanation why it is not possible to report according to the failing validations.
- E.g. EBA Validation Rules with severity ‘non-blocking’ or ‘warning’
4. Accepted, no errors
- Report passes all the automatic data quality checks.
Reporting entities are encouraged to utilize the FIN-FSA’s testing environment before submitting the official reports to the FIN-FSA.
The email address of the testing environment is TK_rahoitus(at)bof.fi