Amendments of regulations and guidelines 25/2013 on capital requirements calculations and large exposures enter into force on 15 September 2016
On 30 August 2016, FIN-FSA has issued updated regulations and guidelines 25/2013 on capital requirements calculations and large exposures.
Contents of the amendments
FIN-FSA's regulations and guidelines on capital requirements calculations and large exposures have been amended as follows:
- References to documents issued by the European Banking Authority (EBA) and FIN-FSA, on capital instruments and inspection of the quality of own funds, have been added to chapter 4 Own funds and their minimum amount.
- A recommendation to the supervised entity to comply with the EBA guidelines, on limits on exposures to shadow banking entities which carry out banking activities outside a regulated framework, have been added to chapter 11 Large exposures.
- Chapter 12 on national discretion by the competent authority related to the calculation and publication of the leverage ratio has been removed as redundant. Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) 2015/62 supplementing Regulation (EU) No 575/2013 with regard to the leverage ratio requires reporting of the leverage ratio at the end of the quarterly reporting period. No alternative calculation model is possible anymore.
Entry into force
The amendments of the regulations and guidelines will enter into force on 15 September 2016, except for paragraph (5) in chapter 11, which will enter into force on 1 January 2017.
For further information, please contact
Taina Erovaara-Williams, Senior Risk Expert, telephone +358 10 831 5422 or e-mail taina.erovaara-williams(at)fiva.fi.
- Regulations and guidelines 25/2013 Capital requirements calculation and large exposures
- EBA guidelines on limits on exposures to shadow banking entities which carry out banking activities outside a regulated framework (EBA/GL/2015/20). Opinions provided during preparation of the guidelines, a summary of opinions and an impact analysis are available on the EBA website.