Management appointments at Financial Supervisory Authority – Jarmo Parkkonen to head Market and Conduct of Business Supervision
Jarmo Parkkonen, LL.M. and M.Sc. (Econ.), has been appointed to head Market and Conduct of Business Supervision as from 1 August 2014. He transfers to the new assignment from the position of Head of Department of Market Supervision of the Financial Supervisory Authority (FIN-FSA). He has worked with the FIN-FSA since its foundation in 2009 and with its predecessors, the Financial Supervision Authority and the Bank Inspectorate.
In addition, the following appointments for Heads of Division have been made:
- Eeva Granskog, LL.M., has been appointed Head of the Investment Products and Services Division. She has previously worked as Market Supervisor in the Investment Products Division of the Market Supervision Department.
- Marko Myller, M.Soc.Sc., has been appointed Head of the Financial Sector Division. He transfers to the new assignment from the Bank of Finland's Macroprudential Policy Division, where he has worked as a Senior Economist.
- Seppo Juutilainen, M.Phil., has been appointed Head of the Non-life and Life Insurance Companies Division. He has previously headed the same Department's Insurance Sector Division, and before that was Head of Unit at the Insurance Supervisory Authority.
- Vesa Hänninen, M.Phil., has been appointed Head of the Employee Pension Institutions Division. He has previously acted as Head and Chief Actuary of the Underwriting Risks and Research Division of the Prudential Supervision Department, and before that was Senior Actuary at the Insurance Supervisory Authority.
- Tuukka Lahkela, M.Sc.(Econ.), has been appointed Head of the Market and Liquidity Risks Division. He transfers to the new assignment from the position of Senior Risk Expert at the same Division.
Some of these appointments are related to the FIN-FSA 's organisational change, and some to managerial positions that have become otherwise vacant. The aim of the organisational change is to ensure a better allocation of the FIN-FSA's resources with regard to the current operating environment, to clarify the division of tasks and responsibilities and to improve operational efficiency.
For further information, please contact
- Anneli Tuominen, Director General, tel. +358 10 831 5300