FIN-FSA Board appointed for 2021-2023The Parliamentary Supervisory Council has appointed the members of the FIN-FSA Board for the three-year period beginning 1 January 2021.
The members are
- Marja Nykänen, Deputy Governor of the Bank of Finland
- Leena Mörttinen, Under-Secretary of State at the Ministry of Finance
- Heli Backman, Head of Department, Director General at the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health.
The designated alternative members for the aforementioned members are, respectively
- Katja Taipalus, Head of Department at the Bank of Finland
- Janne Häyrynen, Senior Legislative Adviser at the Ministry of Finance
- Hannu Ijäs, Director at the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health.
Also appointed as members were
- Lasse Heiniö, MSc, (SHV) Actuary approved by the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health
- Leena Kallasvuo, Msc (Econ.)
- Vesa Vihriälä, Professor of Practice, Economics, DSocSc (Econ.).
Marja Nykänen was named as Chairman of the Board, and Leena Mörttinen as Vice Chairman.
The responsibilities of the FIN-FSA and its Board are provided by law. The Board decides the over-all strategy for supervisory activities, sets specific operational objectives and directs and supervises the achievement of objectives and compliance with the strategy.
For further information, please contact
Antti Lindtman, Chairman of the Parliamentary Supervisory Council, tel. +358 9 432 3089.